The USACTC will be hosting the 2013 Eukanuba Open Show, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando,FL
Coton de Tulear Judges Educational Seminar and Workshop
WELCOME TO THE HOME PAGE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
COTON DE TULEAR CLUB!
We hope you enjoy your visit. Please check out our website for:
- Information about the Coton de Tulear
- Coton de Tulears for Sale (Code of Ethics Breeders) - Puppies – Adults
- Information about the USACTC
- Information about AKC conformation showing and performance events
- News and Updates
And much more…
News and Announcements
Dear Members and AKC,
Today we received the long awaited and wonderful news, the Coton de Tulear will move from the Miscellaneous Class to Full Recognition within the Non-Sporting Group as of July 2, 2014.
It has been a long and difficult road. One fought with much heartache, difficulty and many stumbling blocks along the way. Hard work, diligence and focused efforts on the goal at hand have brought to fruition our long awaited goal.
We wish a big Thank You to all of our supporters and especially thank you to Mari-Beth O’Neill from AKC for all her kind help, patient direction and words of encouragement.
Our work is not done. We have much to accomplish. Please join us in our continued efforts to love, guide and protect this wonderful breed!
Debra A. Nemrow
2013 Eukanuba Open Show
ALL Miscellaneous and FSS breeds are Welcome to the USACTC Open Show
USACTC National Specialty for the Coton de Tulear will be held during the Miscellaneous Open Show
Sweepstakes is open to all Cotons de Tulear who are 6 months and under 18 months of age on the day of the show. All dogs entered in Sweepstakes must be entered in the Open Show
Enter for the shows at MB-F CLICK HERE
Premium List- CLICK HERE
Entries Close November 20, 2013
Show Date: December 13, 2013
Time: To be announced
Miscellaneous Judge- Dr. Steve Keating
FSS Judge- Marjorie Tuff
Sweepstakes Judge- Kennette Tabor
Breed Educational Seminar and Workshop on December 14, 2013
USACTC Annual Meeting on December 14, 2013
AKC/Eukanuba Show for Miscellaneous Group on December 15, 2013
AKC/Eukanuba information on Judges and Hotel Accommodations- CLICK HERE
PURE PAWS INC., owner, CEO & developer, Arlene Muzquiz will offer a complimentary groom seminar exclusively for the Coton de Tulear Breed Fanciers, 30 minutes after BIS, Friday, December 13 at the “ASK PURE PAWS” demonstration booth.
All seminar participants will receive a complimentary Pure Paws sample. For additional information contact Show Chairperson or text 61007109445.
More Information will be coming soon!
July 23rd, 2013
The AKC is extremely disappointed that The Today Show was given all of the information below but chose not to include any of it in their segment this morning. We met with the producers for an hour prior to the taped interview — which also lasted nearly an hour — and we provided them with supporting documentation, and they chose only to include less than 1 minute of airtime for AKC. They disregarded important facts that should have been told. In fact, we requested to receive a copy of the tape of the entire, unedited interview with Jeff Rossen so that we could show you all of the information we gave them, but their lawyers refused to provide the footage to us.
Here are some top facts that The Today Show didn’t tell you:
- They didn’t tell you that no other organization does more to protect dogs than the AKC and that “being the dog’s champion” means, among other things, donating more than $24 million to canine health research, conducting kennel inspections, and offering more educational programs for responsible dog owners than any other organization.
- They didn’t tell you that when an AKC inspector finds substandard kennel conditions they must immediately report it to the appropriate federal, state and local authorities to take action.
- They didn’t tell you that, in many instances, the highly publicized raids for which animal rights groups take credit in the media have come about as a direct result of AKC’s reporting to law enforcement.
- They didn’t tell you that, as we explained to Jeff Rossen and his producers numerous times, there are no “AKC Registered Operations” or “AKC Registered Breeders” and that breeders use AKC services voluntarily.
- They didn’t tell you that less than 5% of AKC’s registration revenue comes from commercial breeders or that the AKC is a not-for-profit organization whose total revenues are less than the total marketing budget of the HSUS.
- They didn’t tell you that AKC saw substandard breeders leave the registry in droves in the mid-1990′s when we instituted an inspections program. We did it anyway, even though it affected our bottom line negatively, because it was the right thing to do for dogs. And, more breeders left when we began DNA testing.
- They didn’t tell you that when AKC has concerns with legislation, it publicly puts legislative alerts on its website where anyone can learn about how a bill may potentially affect responsible breeders and dog owners’ rights and not do anything to protect dogs.
- They didn’t tell you that AKC works to ensure the enforcement of cruelty and neglect laws, as well as the provisions of the federal Animal Welfare Act. As a result, AKC has a productive working relationship with local animal controls, state and local law enforcement, state departments of agriculture throughout the country, as well as the USDA.
- They didn’t tell you that AKC is well respected by lawmakers who consider us credible experts on dog issues, and rely on our thoughtful and considered advice when it comes to legislation that will impact dogs and their breeders and owners.
- They didn’t tell you that the purebred rescue groups they referenced are actually AKC breed parent club groups and affiliates that make up the largest dog rescue group network in the country.
- They didn’t tell you that The Today Show’s Natalie Morales made a TV public service announcement in conjunction with the Ad Council and the HSUS.
Watch the segment on the Today Show website and then go to Rossen Reportsand Today.com and NBCNews.com to post your comments in support of AKC and all the responsible dog owners and breeders in this country.
American Kennel Club | 8051 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 100 | Raleigh, NC 27617
firstname.lastname@example.org | 919.233.9767
© 2013 American Kennel Club
2012 USACTC NATIONAL and REGIONAL SPECIALTIES
- On December 8 and December 9, 2012, the USACTC held Supported Entries at the Greater Miami Dog Club Shows. The USACTC considered these shows as their National Specialty and Regional Specialty.
- More >>
Cotons Now Competing In AKC
- As of June 27, 2012 the Coton de Tulear is now competing in the AKC Miscellaneous class. Several Cotons from our Code of Ethics Breeders have won Best in Miscellaneous Class! We are so proud of our Coton de Tulears!
- More >>